Thursday, October 10, 2013

A New Approach

"Your two main purposes for eating a healthy diet and taking supplements are to give your body what it needs to heal itself and to minimize the level of inflammation that is in your body. The inflammation is what is causing your pain.

Drugs that fight pain do little, if anything, to help the body heal itself. In fact, some of these drugs can have severe negative side effects, so please consider eating right as an alternative."

So, this is the approach my chiropractor and I are taking to address the run/race/life-stopping back issues that I have.  It's a new approach. Moving away from just manipulation and stretching. We are doing an "inside out" type approach.
Because healing can only truly happen when my insides are happy and the nutrition I take in can actually be used to repair the damage I have done. Diet and supplements will be used to make sure my body is at it's best to heal. We will still be doing some manipulation as well as stretching, muscle building and limiting my running to "nothing crazy"....for now. :-)

I met with Dr. Jamie Stephens (my awesome chiropractor) today to go over my xrays and kickstart the program. I got an A for starting the plant-based diet two weeks ago on my own. Apparently that was a good move! :-) I knew it was helping my weight, my blood sugar, energy and pms, but didn't realize it was helping my back and pain too! HEY..BONUS! :)

I can do this! I believe it will work!  I will be disciplined and follow this through. I cannot wait to see all of the positive changes. This is gonna be fun! :)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment